Internet Joke: Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt Sales Explode by 2300%

The latest wave of internet pranks to hit the internet has been in recent weeks that of the Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt. What started off as just a simple T-shirt depicting a moon and three howling wolves has had sales shoot up by 2300% after a series of comments posted on Amazon made it one of the most popular items sold by the American retailer.

three wolf moon

Currently only available in the US version of the site, this seemingly innocuous looking T-shirt has attracted hundreds of other internet users to post their own reviews on the site voicing their love for this “miracle” inducing T-shirt.

Some of the best ones were:

"the Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt gave me a +10 resistance to energy attacks, +8 Strength... and I have successfully solved 7 crimes in my city"

“Whenever I wear the wolf shirt I have a lot less issues with involuntary urination. I have not studied it long enough, however, to establish a cause/effect relationship.”

“I bought this shirt and instantly old girlfriends started calling me again,”

“I almost died, then I put on this shirt. Then my heart started beating again”

“For those of you who mock the wolf shirt beware. There is an old Navajo story about a young man who made fun of another man for wearing a wolf trio shirt. Legend has it that in his sleep, the wolves on the other man’s shirt came to life and tore his body to shreds. They never found any part of that man’s body. The Wolf is something to be respected and feared, not treated like a novelty.”

“When I put this T-shirt on for the first time, my wife left me! Thank you, Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt,"

"Fits my girthy frame, has wolves on it, attracts women" but "cannot see wolves with arms crossed"

The company who actually makes these T-shirts, The Mountain, however was far less amused stating "We appreciate humour as much as the next company, but we don't approve of some of the remarks.” Come on guys, your T-shirt just went to the top of the apparel sales charts and is up 2300%. I certainly wouldn’t be complaining. Would you?

Find the T-Shirt here: http://www.amazon.com/Three-T-Shirt-Available-Various-Sizes/dp/B000NZW3IY 

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Copyright © The Urban Shogun